After a battle between Optimus Primal and Dinobot, a huge cache of Energon is discovered.
The fight between Optimus Primal and Dinobot breaks out just as the Predacons attack. Primal falls, but is rescued by Dinobot, who confesses that Primal slipped, so winning the fight would not have been honorable. As they continue to fight, both fall, but are rescued by Rhinox. Primal sees that Dinobot is trustworthy and allows him to join the Maximal ranks.
The gunfire on the conflict flies far in the distance, striking a mountain and unveiling a massive energon cache, enough to provide all the power either team would need to return home—and, in Megatron's case, start the Great War again.
Both teams rush to the site, and begin to fight, but in beast modes. The massive energon exposure would place their robot modes in stasis lock in moments if they attempted to transform. Megatron, seeing the fight is lost, transforms anyway and opens fire on Primal. Dinobot diverts the missile, saving Primal but causing a massive chain reaction in the mountainside. Both teams quickly flee.
(Numbers indicate order of appearance.)
- During the audio commentary for this episode on Madman Entertainment's Beast Wars Season 3 DVD, Garry Chalk's cell phone suddenly rings, forcing him to step outside, while Scott McNeil and Alec Willows crack jokes about it being Garry's mom on the line.
- Waspinator's bee-stripes on his thighs are mapped along the wrong axis.
- Often, when the "energon mountain" appears in the distance, a large piece of energon in the foreground clips and flickers, making it appear as though the energon is appearing and disappearing at random.
- The scene with Dinobot, in the background The Axalon is missing from its crash site
- After the energon mountain explodes and the Maximals are seen ducking for cover, every shot showing Optimus Primal and Dinobot in the foreground does not feature any of the other Maximals in the background, even though they were seen standing behind the pair moments earlier, and both Rattrap and Rhinox are seen when Rattrap thinks they have won. Oddly enough, Cheetor is no longer in the scene at all.
- The very same scene features a lot of rubble from the destroyed mountain in close-ups of Rattrap and Rhinox, but relatively little rubble when Optimus Primal and Dinobot are in the foreground.
- As the unstable energon is about to explode, Megatron is seen "powering down", probably due to the high concentration of energon in the area. However, after a few clips later, Megatron seems to have to strength to get up effortlessly, yell, and be blown down the mountainside.
- Not really a continuity error. They were presumably trying to suggest the idea that perhaps Megatron was going to be destroyed in this explosion, but that at the last second he regained consciousness and jumped to safety.
- Near the end, Megatron transforms without a command code. Maybe he whispered?
- Scorponok directs Megatron's attention to the missiles approaching the mountain. The missiles then hit the mountain, revealing it to be full of energon. There's no reason to believe Scorponok knew the energon was there, so why did he care about the imminent impact of the missiles?
- None known.
- None known.