Bad Boy is a traveler from another dimension who has taken the form of a Decepticon and infiltrated their ranks in the hopes of finding the solution to a problem that plagues his home. He was a Renegade in his home dimension, and in his current mission is under the strict supervision of the Guardian Treds.
A cocky, sarcastic thug with a penchant for violence, the young Bad Boy is purportedly one of Cy-Kill's most loyal Renegades—that is, until something better comes his way. Occasionally, he also acts as a saboteur and spy.
Fun Publications comicEdit
Bad Boy, along with other displaced GoBots, somehow ends up at Axiom Nexus and is "processed".
- G1 GoBots (Multi-pack, 2004)
- Japanese ID number: 84
- Bad Boy is a redeco of the Mini Vehicle Powerglide, transforming into an A-10 Thunderbolt II. He was only available in an e-Hobby-exclusive 6-pack with Bug Bite, Path Finder, Road Ranger, Small Foot and Treds.
- Bad Boy is clearly intended to be the character from the Tonka GoBots line. His name does not appear in any of the final product material; it only appeared in an early Photoshopped promotional image on the e-Hobby website. The individual toys' names were dropped when Takara's legal department became concerned at how Bandai—the company that made the toys that would become the Tonka GoBots—would react to the names being used, despite the minimal chance of provable trademark infringement on Takara's part.
- Bad Boy's coloration is similar to an early version of the toy that only appeared in an early Japanese Transformers catalog image (right); all five 1985 Mini Vehicles in this image had color differences from the final versions. This proto-Powerglide had olive instead of Bad Boy's dark blue, however; the reason for the color change is unknown.
- Unlike the Transformers, the GoBots were originally a race of organic humanoids who replaced much, but not all, of their bodies with machinery. Thus, Bad Boy is a cyborg and not a true robot.