- BB is a Predacon from the Beast Wars II era of the Generation 1 continuity who was later upgraded into Max B.
BB is a hulking brute with limited mental capacity and very limited vocabulary. The only word in his dictionary is "Roger", as a matter of fact. He is perpetually loyal to Predacon Air Commander Starscream and goes along with all of his treacherous schemes.
BB can combine with Starscream in jet-mode to create the "Formation Scream" which enhances their aerial attack power. At one point, he was upgraded by Angolmois energy into Max B.
Timelines: Intimidation Game script reading
- (Note: Since BB did not rename himself Max B until the events of Beast Wars II, and Intimidation Game is set significantly earlier, his appearance is problematic. There are many possibilities: BWII and IG do not exist in the same continuity, BB has used the name Max B prior to his transformation into a Cyborg Beast, the Max B appearing in IG is not the same character as BB, BB is misidentified as Max B, and so on.)
Beast Wars II and Neo cartoon
Voice actor: Takeshi Watanabe (Japan)
Starscream was the brains of the Predacon air warriors and BB was the brawn (while Dirge and Thrust were the oafs). BB aided Starscream in numerous plots to overthrow Galvatron and take leadership of the Predacons, even going so far as to dunk Megastorm into a pit of Angolmois energy (this, however, only upgraded Megastorm into Gigastorm).
They continued this for quite some time until, eventually, Gigastorm had enough. While battling the Maximals, Starscream and BB fell into a trap Gigastorm had set for the Maximals (an area riddled with bombs). Gigastorm held off at first, but after the Predacons were defeated, Starscream began to beg for mercy and even offered to switch sides. This disgusted Gigastorm, who then activated the explosives. The explosion dropped Starscream and BB into a pit of Angolmois energy which upgraded them into Hellscream (a flying cybernetic shark) and Max B (a flying cybernetic wolf).
As Max B, he still continued to follow his partner Hellscream and fight against the Maximals up until the final battle on the battleship Nemesis. At the climax of that battle, Galvatron detonated the battleship, sending all the remaining Predacons (including Max B) floating helplessly through outer space.
Later, after the defeat of Unicron, all the exiled Predacons were invited back to Cybertron to help rebuild their desolated planet.
Beast Wars II manga
BB was traumatized in a Maximal Prison "re-education center" before the Pax Cybertronia, and due to the psychological damage, retreated into himself and says only "Roger". He befriended Starscream at this time and his loyalty to the smaller robot was cemented when Starscream took BB with him during his escape from the facility.
(Note: Various profiles suggest that some version of the events of BWII and Neo occurred in the IDW Beast Wars continuity prior to the adoption of the Pax Cybertronia. But the details are as yet vague.)
Beast Wars II
- Starscream & BB (Ultra, 1998)
- Japanese ID number: D-13
- Aside from some minor deco changes and a very minor retool, this toy is identical to the cancelled Generation 2 Megatron ATB with Starscream.
- Bighorn vs Starscream & BB (Multi-pack, 1998)
- Japanese ID number: VS-13
- Max-B (Deluxe, 1998)
- Japanese ID number: D-24
- He is (strangely) a golden orange color in his profile entry. The profile's author Ben Yee has gone on the record that this is in fact an error of the colorist, which he hopes will be corrected in the trade paperback.