|Specifics: Fiction, toys|
Quickstrike is a spastic, violent, triggerhappy cowboy who rarely thinks beyond the next "keister he's gonna kick." This simple-minded lust for beating people up seems to be his overriding personality trait. While this makes him easy to manipulate, which Megatron finds extremely useful, the problem he has found is that Quickstrike is so easy to manipulate that Megatron's not the only one doing so! Both Tarantulas and Blackarachnia have their hooks in him in some form or another, leading Megatron to perhaps try controlling the vicious little bugger through the good old-fashioned method: fear of death. Quickstrike may be stupidly brave most of the time, but only to a point.
- French-Canadian name: Clingant
- Alternate European-market name: Serpex
- Spanish name: Sorpreviso
Relishing his role as a Predacon from the moment he stepped out of his stasis pod, Quickstrike fit right into Megatron's band. Though he contains no traces of the Predacon Shell Program like Blackarachnia, his rowdy nature and love of violence made the actual facts irrelevant. Quickstrike generally filled an infantry/trooper role and followed the orders he was given. However, he does have two notable instances when he was manipulated into betraying Megatron.
Tarantulas easily pushed Quickstrike's buttons and the two, along with Blackarachnia, formed an "arachnid alliance" of their own. Their plans never came to fruition, because they were interrupted by the Maximals, and Megatron never found out. After a device of Tarantulas' took over Optimus Primal's body, Quickstrike was put in charge of the golem that controlled it. Once the Maximals were defeated, and the Ark open, Quickstrike (under orders from Tarantulas) used his control over Optimus to toss Megatron into the lava surrounding the Ark. The plan backfired when Megatron rose from the lava more powerful than ever, and Quickstrike was put on "trial" for betraying Megatron. The trial was interrupted, and Quickstrike spared, by the arrival of Tigerhawk.
Beast Wars: The Gathering comic
When Quickstrike and Inferno hear what sounds like a fight involving Megatron, they rush over to find out what's happening. When they arrive, they see that there is no one there. Megatron had actually been taken prisoner by Magmatron.
Beast Wars: Transmetals (PSX)
- Voice Actor: Ian Corlett (US), ??? (Japan)
Transformers Legends anthology
- Quickstrike (Basic Fuzor, 1998)
- Japanese ID number: D-45
- Quickstrike is transforms into a scorpion with a cobra's head on his tail rather than a stinger. The cobra head has a soft-plastic bladder than can be used to store and squirt water.
- Takara's version of the toy has extra paint applications on his face, most notably the eyes.
- Metals Airazor vs Quickstrike (Multi-pack, 1999)
- Japanese ID number: VS-45
- The Japanese release od Quickstrike was available individually or packaged together with Transmetal Airazor.
- Like Rampage, Quickstrike did not have a Predacon shell program installed in his Maximal protoform state to turn him bad. He was just a bastard who liked hurtin' people.